Steeplechase3k's random thoughts

My blog of random thoughts and observations. These will be about: my sports teams (Portland Timbers, Boston Red Sox, Portland TrailBlazers, New England Patriots), the Timbers Army (and indoor soccer team, bowling team, gatherings, etc.), and whatever else I find myself doing...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

More TAIFC Fun!

I had another TAIFC match tonight, we only had 4 regulars show up, so we had to recruit some help from the teams that had just finished playing, we picked up three people, including a keeper (which is rather important). We ended up winning something like 13-5, but the two field players we picked up did most of the scoring.

I should have scored at least twice. In the first half I received a perfect cross, but couldn't get a solid foot on it. Then a few minutes later I took a hard shot off my face. My teammate was clearing the ball and my face got in the way. It hurt. A lot. Thankfully it didn't knock out my contact lens. I got hit in the right cheek-eye-nose area. In the second half I had an even easier chance on goal, but managed to miss then too. The ball bounced free to me about 10 feet from goal, and I managed to put it 12 feet over the goal. Yea me!

We have some really late games coming up, its really frustrating that they have scheduled games so late. We have two games that start at 11:35pm which means they don't end until about 12:20. An if I'm on my normal work schedule that means I have to get up at about 4:30 or 4:45 at the latest. That isn't really enough sleep to function.

I also hit the weights hard at the gym after work, lifting weights is really enjoyable to me. Don't laugh.

I did hard upper body weights, I wish lifting with my legs was more fun, but I get much more satisfaction from upper body weights. I did bench press and curls at an increasing weight, and decreasing reps. I also just increased the weight that I was lifting for several other lifts. It is really satisfying to increase the weight I am lifting, I just wish it would translate better to weight loss, but I guess that's mostly a function on me eating too much...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home