Steeplechase3k's random thoughts

My blog of random thoughts and observations. These will be about: my sports teams (Portland Timbers, Boston Red Sox, Portland TrailBlazers, New England Patriots), the Timbers Army (and indoor soccer team, bowling team, gatherings, etc.), and whatever else I find myself doing...

Thursday, January 03, 2008

January Timbers Army Gathering!

For the past several season the Timbers Army has met once a month (on the first Thursday of the month) to hang out, catch up and have fun. For the past two years we have done the vast majority of these gatherings at the Bullpen Tavern (1730 SW Taylor St) just 1/2 a block from PGE park, home of the Mighty Portland Timbers. These are a casual affair just a bunch of frined getting together to hang out.

These gatherings have become an important part of my life as a Timbers Fan. I see several of my fellow TA during the off season when I go bowling, and play indoor soccer, but there are a number of great people that I almost never see outside of these gatherings, and it is alwasy fun catching up with them.

The TrailBlazer game was also on, and most of the crowd was very into the game, it's really amazing (and hard to put into words) how muc this team has improved in the past 2 years, they have a legit shot at the playoffs, and this without theri number 1 pick in the raft last year, one Greg Oden.

I'll update this post tomorrow with more about the gathering, including links to other people's pictures...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:38 AM , Blogger D B said...

http://flickr.com/photos/41639453@N00/2165528870/

http://flickr.com/photos/41639453@N00/2164734571/

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger steeplechase3k said...

Thanks Donald!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home