Steeplechase3k's random thoughts

My blog of random thoughts and observations. These will be about: my sports teams (Portland Timbers, Boston Red Sox, Portland TrailBlazers, New England Patriots), the Timbers Army (and indoor soccer team, bowling team, gatherings, etc.), and whatever else I find myself doing...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Last Sunday I saw many of my former teachers, and it was quite a walk down memory lane.

My friend Bruce had asked that I help out at his father’s birthday party at Catlin Gabel. I went to Catlin for 13 years, from 1st grade (twice) through senior year. Since Sid taught at Catlin for a number of years, there were a lot of teachers and other people connected to the school there. It was also an excuse to hang out with a few of my fellow TA that were also helping out.

I saw and caught up with:
--Sid (the birthday boy): My 7th grade English teacher, and C&C advisor for Middle School
--George: My 8th grade English teacher, now the councilor for the Upper School
--Patty: 1st grade teacher (the second time). I think she was the one the suggested to my parents that I get checked for Attention Deficit Disorder which helped me throughout school.
--Andrew: who held many different positions in the 13 years I was at Catlin, from soccer coach, to Interim Head of school, to maintenance manager.
--Robert: theater tech teacher for 4 years in high school.
--Shoe: 6th grade teacher
--Dale: Middle school art teacher, and boss one summer.
--Robin: 8th grade Global Studies teacher
--Lowell: Physics teacher senior year, whose passion for the subject was a big part of the reason I majored in Physics in college.

All of these people are fantastic teachers, and were a big part of forming me into the person I am today (for better or worse :) ). So to all of you (and any I may have forgotten), THANK YOU.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home