Steeplechase3k's random thoughts

My blog of random thoughts and observations. These will be about: my sports teams (Portland Timbers, Boston Red Sox, Portland TrailBlazers, New England Patriots), the Timbers Army (and indoor soccer team, bowling team, gatherings, etc.), and whatever else I find myself doing...

Saturday, February 09, 2008

New Turf update (again)

Work continues at PGE
I swung buy the park again today and they were still working on the new turf. Since they are on a deadline (the OSU baseball games) I guess they are working whenever they can. I read somewhere (I think on the Timbers site) that they need it to be relatively dry weather to put down the sand and rubber infill, and since it is dry this weekend, they are working.

They were spreading what appeared to be the sand part of the infil on the northern end of the stadium. I got a few pictures of the work.

Spreading the sand:


And using a giant brush to get it down into the turf:





They also were opening up the huge (about 4 feet square, and 6 feet tall) bags of the rubber infill. There were stuck together in chunks so they had to be broken up (I guess this is why it needs to be dry to do the work). Here is a video of the work.



Red Sox and baseball stuff...

Yesterday was "Truck Day" for the Boston Red Sox. This is a very strange phenomenon, that I have never heard f for other baseball teams. It was the day the a giant moving truck left Fenway park to drive to Ft. Myers for spring training. There are some great pictures taken by a few Red Sox fans shown in this Sons of Sam Horn thread

Also the Roger Clemens (AKA: Texas Con-Man, Fat Billy from Ohio) 'Roids/HGH saga continues. The
New York Daily News reported that Brian McNamee injected Clemen's WIFE with HGH in addiiton to her husband. This just gets better and better. McNamee already turned over physical evidence that he injected Clemens, including vial and bloody syringes. Fat Billy may end up in jail over this.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home