Steeplechase3k's random thoughts

My blog of random thoughts and observations. These will be about: my sports teams (Portland Timbers, Boston Red Sox, Portland TrailBlazers, New England Patriots), the Timbers Army (and indoor soccer team, bowling team, gatherings, etc.), and whatever else I find myself doing...

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Lucky Labrador Barleywine fest

The Lucky Lab Barleywine fest was today. It was held at the NW Lucky Lab location on NW Quinby. As is my norm for brewfests, I showed up as they opened (noon). Over the next 5 plus hours I samples 28 different brews. I'm not about to mention them all, but here are a few highlights:

--Roots 2006 Oak Aged Epic Ale: Great nose. It was quite sweet, almost too sweet, I wouldn't be able to drink this regularly or in large amounts. 6.5/10

--Caldera Russian Imperial Stout: The nose on this beer was amazing and complex. The flavor was the similar. 9/10

--Golden Valley Barrel Aged Black Panther: Similar to the Caldera, but not quite as good flavor. 8.5/10

--BJ's Barrel Aged Imperial Stout: Sweeter than the Caldera and Golden Valley, and an slightly odd nose. 7/10

--Widmer KGB Imperial Stout: very little nose, the initial taste is a bit sour with a nice coffee after taste. Not as good as the other stouts I have mentioned, but typical Widmer beer, solid and flavorful, but nothing outstanding. 8/10

--Tuck's Glutius Maximus: Complex, nutty nose. Somewhat sweet flavor, reminded me of New Belgum's Abbey. 7/10

Beer:
Beer and a scarf

The Fest at the NW Lucky Lab location
The Fest

Beer:
Beer!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old stumblefoot - nuff said

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home